31 August, 2010

There's hip-hop....and then there's....?

There's hip-hop/rap, then there's good hip-hop/rap. Then, well, there's Themselves. I've posted there stuff all over the place, like here and here and, probably my favorite son by them, here. Anyway, I'm stoked on them, and I'll argue that Doseone is probably the most charged musician currently out there in terms of raw (albeit wayward) creativity and, well, just damn well being out there. Anyway, here's a rad video of Jel and our man Doseone that I'm rather stoked on. Indeed!

Themselves @ Camp Basement with livemusic.fm from anticon. on Vimeo.


If you get nothing else out of this but that Doseone is mad sexy, your life is nonetheless better now.

Anyway, here's Baths's new (and premiere) video for my favorite song off of his debut, Lovely Bloodflow. I find it to be one of the more beautiful things I've seen lately really.

Baths - "Lovely Bloodflow" from anticon. on Vimeo.




Anyway, guess I should toss up some new stuff--or just stuff here...These next tracks go in conjunction. Nothing super epic, just a good beat and a good sound that caught my ear. Perhaps it'll catch yours too (both by the Bomarr Monk):
a1 - green gold fronts
a2 - large happy fat

This song is just real pretty:
Modeselektor - The White Flash

A little abject, this post be, but we all need such a thing...from time to time.

Marc out.

No comments:

Post a Comment