15 December, 2010

Tumult

I'm gonna kick it off with a short video of magnificence.
Damn:

SEABASE vs STELVIO from YUHZIMI Ltd. on Vimeo.



Not only is that the road that marks the border between Italy and Switzerland, but it is also probably my favorite single place in the world. If only because the road itself is so extreme and I can remember being exposed to an unrivaled clarity here. One of the most visceral and heightening moments of my life. And this guy is smug enough to kill it on a track bike. Not too outlandish to add this to my "Things I just gotta do" list, perhaps with my hommie, Mr. Ted0, non?

It also shells off as an image into the tumult and exertion that this last weekend has been. Granted, damnit, I wasn't biking through the alps. But shit, it nearly feels like it. In a moment, I lost a piece of everything in a suckerpunch of confusion and neglect. I destroyed myself to bring in the new year, and had it back within my grasp. I don't know if I've ever felt thrown is such a loop. I think my innards will bee feeling whiplash for the next few days...

Underworld--Bird I

But such violence consequently tore this scared kind of lethargy that has been sticking inside of me like some molded sap. Terror is a phenomenal motivator. So, a consequence of being thrown around has refreshed a kind of drive in me. A drive to a new job, an alteration in style, an upping of self-expectation and shit I plan to do. Looking forward to auditing a PhD-level Philosophy course/colloquium on 21st Century thought and various adaptations of "Culture". Throwing myself back into the challenge of Philosophy again should augment this regrowth I want to kick start.

I hope such aggressiveness will provide some clarity as to where I want to take myself in this A venir of tomorrow: back to France? Peace Corps? Establish something more real in Denver? Grad School? Elsewhere? Strange enough, remaining in Denver seems the brightest diamond at this point...

It's terrifying! It's happening! It's up in the air! But goddamn, it's beautiful.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment