10 March, 2011

Oeuvre

Funny to think that it's already been a month since I last sat in a bout of fun madness and wrote some kind of diatribe about the Frankfurt school, critical theory, Egypt, democracy and the internet....then Mubarak stepped down the next day. Silly.

A month of anxiety, tremendous faith and learning and wild frustration; one of the best; one of the worst; certainly one of the most confusing and personally difficult.

...and so many things are under way...

This is really beautiful:


(Score done by yours truly, our favorite Son Lux
It's been a real pleasure following all of Son Lux's 'Album in a Month project' and the documentation of the album has been wonderful.

Things are in the bustle, and this last week has been a great recovery from last week's barrage of perceived failure. I have an interview with DHA ($18/hr!) tomorrow and am optimistic about a Research Coordinator position at DU. Still pending whether I have the option to go to France in September. I'll know in about a month whether that is an option for me or not. I suppose it depends on a the outcome of prior listed in addition to a special position working for Translations Gallery--of which I am very optimistic and excited. In short, my career goals are moving closer and closer to the niche I'm looking for--time will tell how things will make themselves known....

Going to be in Albuquerque next weekend and Chicago the weekend after that. Come my return from Chicago, I'll know whether either of those job prospects come through. April 1st Jill is back in Denver (need I say FINALLY?) and then I'll hear back from TAPIF as to whether la France is willing to open her doors up to me or not. Choices, Choices, Choices!

Worlds are opening up....

No comments:

Post a Comment