07 October, 2010

kibitzer

Today I am happy for caffeine, as it is a substance that makes the impossible possible. It is also the only reason I am probably still awake now, which, in all circumstances but the one I am in now, might not be the best of things....

It's been a long week, and I haven't really gotten anything done (my baby still sits in limbo, for example...) I guess that's probably due to the 70-hour week I've had--volunteered for, actually. Anyway, I'm ready for a week, some time with my girl, a lot of sleep, some good food and a few beers...damn ready.

Moving on the 15th--38th and Federal. An improvement, I hope; guess I'll be seeing. At least I'll no longer be sharing a living space with the most irresponsible person I've ever met.

So, things have been a bordel; a good bordel of preparation, though. So, all is fine.

Not as fine as this music though!

1.) This track is real nice. I just melt to the slow moan and whine of the horns via Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.
Laws & Hypnotic Brass Ensemble (ft. Dave Young) -- Never

What's this?
2.)Chilly Gonzales -- Pianist Envy
(it's a shredder, trust me!)

3.)Oh yeah! Did anyone know J. Dilla had a younger brother? Not as sharp, but still pretty tip top. Check it!
Illa J. -- Sounds Like Love (ft. Debi Nova)
ps: Check his whole album. It's good and def. worth it, despite the very obvious "My brother pt. 2, I am" vibe that just streams from the album.

4.) This song is good alone, but the fact that it's got so many good heads throwing themselves in here makes it stupendious
Polyphonic & Reanimator -- Survive Another Winter
bonus if you can tell me who is in here--voices, that is...

5. Too fun:
Sammy Bananas -- My Body

And everyone should at some point catch this film/memoir/documentary on memory, people and places, Sans Soleil (Sunless). I'ts a highly meditative film that engages in a really provoking dialog with the aforementioned subjects. Contemplative in its strangeness; melancholic in its contemplativeness...

I saw a fucking rad show last Saturday night. Got to see Baths and Dosh. Let's see....I cried during Baths's set and Dosh was so layered and smooth I barely took my eyes off him during his whole, loopity set. Had the wonderful opportunity to talk to Baths, which turned out to be a 30-minute conversation and got to find out how much of a totally rad (and charmingly nervous) guy he is. Apparently he'll be here again in February doing a headliner tour. So when I'll be telling you you need to see him with me, y'all can't be saying no a 2nd time, ya hear? Oh, if you never checked out his video for Lovely Bloodflow, you should now, or else you're a dumb sucker....

Bliff, Blaff, I'll call it a done for now.

Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment