16 January, 2010

Here for your consumption

It's been quite the week. Quite the week indeed. Still haven't slept after working an overnight last night. Feeling decent except for the fact that I feel like a zombie. No need to fret, because there is delicious media out there!

First off, this project seems that it's going to really amount to something spectacular and makes me respect the artist that is The Knife tremendously. Even though no one is going to actually read the link and no one is going to read this post anyway, I have to pull a quote from a description of the project:

"Commissioned by Danish performance group Hotel Pro Forma to write the music for their opera based on Charles Darwin and his book ‘On the Origin of the Species’, The Knife decided to make this a collaborative process, working with artists Mt. Sims and Planningtorock for the first time, to capture the huge scope of the Darwin and evolution theme."

Yeah, this song is brilliant and I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the album in March.

Other awesome news: Yeasayer is coming to the Bluebird in April to celebrate the release of their new album, which I expect to be impeccable.

Third, another of the greater new bands in 2009 that I hadn't taken to time to listen to until this week, The XX is my band for the week. Really catchy, cute and, well, damn good pop out of England,
-The XX, Heart Skipped a Beat

Fourth...I'll save those other pieces for next time, folks. Can fill your plate too much because it's usually the seconds that taste the best!

-Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment